Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1st Real Babysitter

DVB survived his first day with a real babysitter on Monday. By real I mean, non-related by family or friends. Actually the babysitter is a friend of our's kid (is that grammatically correct?). But I don't think it counts...




I guess the day went fine. When GOB asked, he said DVB poops a lot! So if that was the worst part of the day, I'd say the day went just fine! His mom stopped by to check on him unannounced and I only called once. He said he's willing to come back so I guess we're set for the summer and for me picking up some extra days at the hospital!



LOB and DJB are now camping at a campground near the cabin with Grammy and Grandpa. It has a lake so they drug the boat along and plan to do some serious fishing. But for now, the latest report is that they are keeping themselves nicely occupied by climbing a rock pile and catching lizards! Sounds like they are in heaven if you ask me!


I had to make a couple phone calls to LOB today to make sure I ordered the correct birthday party supplies. This year's theme is anything related to skateboards and Tony Hawk. My little baby isn't so little anymore. I guess I won't be able to stop him from riding a skateboard any longer! Boo hoo!


Speaking of babies. Mr. DVB has decided to start saying a few words all of a sudden. Today as I was ordering LOB's party stuff on the computer, I could hear him toodling with some paper and stuff. I got up to check on him and he looked at me and said, "eety." Translation: "pretty." He was coloring with a marker on a piece of wood that holds a roll of paper. Later in the day he said, "Hi" to LOB on the phone. I'm trying to teach him body parts, too. For "eye" he says "aye." I'm also working on animal sounds so I ask him what Toni says and he repeats, "ar ar!"

No post would be complete without a couple pics. Here they are fresh off the almost daily email!







No comments: