Sunday, June 7, 2009

Patent Pending...

This was taken from Grandpa's daily email that he sends to me. I thought I'd let him be in charge of my blog post for the day. But only today...

So it got a little boring in camp today, you can only walk to the lake and play ground so many times. It's too windy to take the boat out. DJB came to me early this morning with an idea to put two cans on his back and drink from them with some tinker toy parts. I didn't take him serious at first and then later today he asked again if he could do his invention. Oh well what the hell just add some duct tape to an idea and you have the DJB hydrator !!!!! LOB wants to save his shirt for tomorrow . He thinks he can get it off and use it again. Might need to invent a way to refill on the fly.


Yep, that looks like something my boys would invent doesn't it? They are definitely their father's sons!





But wait a minute! Hooooooooold everything! What is it exactly that they are drinking?


Is it beer? No. Otherwise I bet Papa would be placing an order for his very own custom DJB Hydrator!


Is it Sprite? Yes, for DJB. Oh, ok. It's mother approved!


But LOB appears to be drinking Dr. Pepper! Whaaaaat? Upon further investigation by phone, the boys told Grammy that they never get to drink Dr. Pepper at home! Well, duh! Do you think these kids need to be any more active than they already are when in a caffeine-free state? The answer is: HECK NO!


I think that they may never want to come home to their momma. I bet they think I run a tight ship around here. The funny thing is, I really don't! But I will admit that I hoard the caffeine for myself! No sharing allowed!


Guess what Uncle B's suggestion was? Why isn't she at least giving them Mountain Dew! Brother...brother...brother (me shaking my head) You have a lot to learn, as always! Just joking but I will remember that when you and Aunt J send us your kids to watch in the future. But I don't think I'll fill them up until they are ready to leave! Ha!

No comments: