Thursday, June 18, 2009

Deer Poop, Fur, And Nature in General

Amongst the packing and preppy to come home, the boys had a little time to explore Nature on their last day of Summerfest Part 1. (wishful thinking for an impending Part 2!)


First, this very funky moth showed up. I think it might be related to those aliens we've been seeing lately. DJB, the lover of all creepy crawly things, would not touch it! So I asked if he was afraid that it might pick him up and take off flying? He said, "yes."



Look how big this sucker is!

I'm surprised they didn't send me a link as to the species and genius of this creature.


Then they found many different cacti in bloom...








And then they came across some fur. It appears to be rabbit fur and I believe it may not have not survived after loosing it's fur :(


And what would a nature hike be without running into some deer poop. I bet Grandpa asked the boys what the deer had recently eaten. And I bet the boys picked it up and smelled it! Ewwwwww!


And last but not least, you see their extravagant shooting range set-up. I'm actually kind of shocked that they are Diet Coke cans and not Miller Lite or Budweiser cans!

I haven't got a phone call yet from the boys telling me they are on their way home. I'm expecting it any minute...

No comments: