Friday, June 26, 2009

There's a First Time For Everything!

Today all the boys had their first professional haircuts. I've always just buzzed them. But recently, ya know since he's now 7, LOB is starting to care about his appearance. He wanted his hair spiky! DJB wanted a mohawk. And well, DVB just plain needed a haircut. I can only do so much as an untrained barber. I guess the main reason to go the professional route was so I could watch a professional do the "fade" part of the haircut. After watching her, I think I can do it but it might take some practice. She used a scissors on the top and the fade part so I'll give it a shot in a month or 2 and see if I can duplicate it.

So anyway, I hyped them all up by showing them the Snip-Its kids haircutting place online and they all agreed to go. I will admit that they have a great set-up for kids. Movies, computer games, bribes, fun colors, cool decorations, and a special card that you scan when you are all done for a special prize. $12.95 isn't too awful for a kids cut I didn't think. Plus I had a $3 off coupon per kid that I printed off their website. Now if I only would have tipped the gal correctly I might feel ok about this new adventure. I bought the styling products she recommended. I'm a sucker for that stuff. But this kids stuff has spf in it which I've never seen before in regular adult hair products. So while I was trying to wrangle the unruly 18 month old, the gal told me the total and stupid me who is terrible at math to begin with ran a quick 15% off the total in my head for the tip. Ya, so she made a tip on the hair products too! Stupid me! Oh well, everyone deserves a little bonus every once in a while, right? Not that a couple bucks is a huge bonus...

So since it was our first experience at a salon, I had to shoot a couple pics. I took a ton of pics of DJB and DVB but while LOB was getting his hair cut, I was mostly chasing DVB and apologizing to the other kids and parents in the waiting area for DVB's wild behavior. Man, I got some pretty nasty looks from parents whose kids were clearly never 18 months old! Sheesh!


This is a before shot...

And here is an after shot. I feel like I got my monies worth on LOB and DVB but DJB doesn't look much different than how I do it.

Here's the only pic I got of Freckle Face! Sorry LOB, you waited 7 years for a real haircut and I only took one pic!

This is DJB's after shot! He got a faux-hawk since his hair wasn't long enough for a mohawk!

Here's Wildman eating lollipop #3. We figured out he'd sit still if we gave him the lollipop with the wrapper on it!

So that was our excitement for the day. Oh that and we saw a roadrunner on the way out of our neighborhood. It's not everyday I have my camera with me and see a roadrunner!


Anyone want to come over for a haircut so I can practice a "fade?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad DJB got a "faux hawk", as I would not approve of a real one.

donatelli98 said...

I think my godson looks like his Uncle B with that haircut! Thanks for taking Chatty Cathy this week - she is so excited!

Anonymous said...

Love the new do's!
Maybe we should start our own "mini-vans ARE cool" club once I get mine!? What kind do you have?