Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just a Day Full of Errands for Me!

I promise I won't post any more gross lizard pictures. But I do have more if you are interested. They've even done some Internet research on the lizards they love to catch. They are called Southwestern Fence Lizards, in case you were wondering. And I know you were...



I don't have anything too terribly exciting to report from our wonderfully quiet house. My morning did start out pretty interesting, however.



First, I walked into DVB's room to get him out of bed this morning and I just about puked! Oh the smell was horrendous! Come to find out, he had puked during the night and I obviously didn't hear him. I'm soooooo sorry DVB! You can take away my mommy award if you want to. So I'm on load #2 in my fancy dancy washing machine which so conveniently has a "sanitize" cycle. Just to be sure it's clean I may run the load one more time! Yuck! He's feeling just fine, by the way. No signs of any future puke coming my way!



Next, I was sweeping the kitchen floor and out flung a scorpion from my dust mop! Did you hear me scream? Upon further inspection, it was DEAD! Good thing! The bug man was just here last week so he must have stirred up a few with his magic killer spray.



Then, GOB called me in a slight panic! As they do for every hunting season, they waited till the absolute last minute to turn in their deer hunting application. He sure was lucky I didn't have much on my to-do list for the day. So being the wonderful wife I am, I brought him 2 envelopes to work and picked up his application and then delivered them to the Game and Fish place. Apparently, it is common practice for all deer hunters in this state to wait till the last minute to turn in their apps! By the looks of it, I won't have to worry about them getting drawn because there were a few hundred people doing the same thing as me in the 5 minutes it took me to park, get DVB out of his seat, put the apps in a box, buckle DVB back up and drive out of the packed parking lot without getting hit by another frantic deer hunter! Run poor little deer, run away from these unorganized hunters!



The rest of my errand trip consisted of a stop at the Post Office to send a care package to LOB and DJB and a stop at Wally World for a few groceries!



Now DVB is nicely taking a nap in a pack-n-play while is crib and sheets are soaking in bleach! I should probably get working on that list of things I have been planning on doing with 2 kids gone! Closets, here I come!

No comments: