Wednesday, May 20, 2009

School's Out For Summa!

Remember singing that song at the end of the school year?

I remember my Grandma B teaching me this little jingle too:

Eeeny meeny deza pini
ooh ahh bobalini
atcha katcha liberatcha
I like you
take a peach
take a plum
take a piece of chewing gum
no more school
no more books
no more teacher's dirty looks
yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Who knows why on Earth I remember that of all things! Heck, I can't remember what I need to remember! Do any of my cousins out there remember this too? I was singing it the other day and the next door tween wanted me to write it down because she thought it was so cool!

So DJB graduated preschool and LOB graduated 1st grade today!

Let the sleeping in every morning for the next 12 weeks begin!

(me talking to myself) "Wake up, Me!"

Oh, I must have been dreaming! How about I wish for sleeping in?

I went to DVB and LOB's end-of-year parties with DVB in tow yestereday. DVB did fine at DJB's 1/2 hour party but at LOB's 1.5 hour party he went bonkers! I mean bonkers! Sitting in the stroller like I really wanted was not an option! LOB's teacher could see my frustration and said to let him out a roam, she didn't mind. So I did and for the next 30 minutes I followed his every foot step and replaced the things he had pulled off the walls and returned the things he stole of other kids' desks. Then I decided I wasn't having fun and we left early!

DVB and his WILD behavior has made us (me and my parents) recall many memories of his Uncle B at this age. To those of you who know Uncle B, I know you are wondering how I could possibly be blessed with a child with a such strong will and such a strong desire to make their parent's lives HELL interesting! Uncle B was supposed to get that kind of kid for himself as pay backs! Not me! I was the good kid! *sigh*


Here's DJB and his cute little fellow graduates.



This is the only picture I got at LOB's party other than the one below which clearly depicts DVB's wildness!



Next is a little video of DJB accepting his award for Trustworthiness. Notice his teacher's comment about him hopping on one foot. It's either the foot hopping or turtle shrugging that he does to mask his shyness. So yes, he's half turtle, half frog! LOB did the same thing at that age except he croaked out loud like a frog. Hmmm, I wonder what creature DVB will be? A Tasmanian Devil? Maybe!



No comments: