Monday, May 4, 2009

No Photographic Proof!

It's been requested of me that I update my blog. But I don't have much to update.

We had a fun weekend although I have no photographic proof. We spent the majority of the weekend out in the front yard, playing with friends and enjoying some beverages. It might possibly be our last weekend of tolerable temperatures before fall. We are going to attempt a block party next Saturday though. When the sun goes down I guess it is very pleasant.


We took our first trip of the season to our community pool on Sunday. The chilly water did not stop these wild boys from jumping in but it did stop their momma! DVB forgot he enjoyed the pool last summer. It took quite a while to convince him that it was fun to float around in his boat! Maybe when the water warms up in a couple weeks he'll recall the fun.


Hmmm, what else?


Oh, I know. It sure will be nice when DVB learns a few new words. Right now he can say "down, no, ooww (sp? like ouch), and pupty."


DVB and DJB drove me crazy in the grocery store today. DVB yelled "Oowwww, oowwww, owwww!" like I was torturing him! And his brother was being a pain-in-the-butt whining for a toy! Um, self? Why didn't you go to the grocery store over the past weekend without kids? (See, I am going crazy, I'm writing to myself on my blog!) Some fellow shopper commented on how organized I was. I believe "Very Impressed" were her words. Instead of graciously accepting her compliment I think I might have said "Ya right" in my frustration with my children's behavior! I think maybe she was commenting on my coupon organization! Yes, that's it! I have a new way of organizing if anyone out there is interested. It's much less time consuming than the previous way of clipping all coupons and entering them into a database. I digress....


LOB is counting down the days till the last day of school. The count, in case you were wondering, is 11.5 days. I need to get busy making a list of things to keep these boys occupied this summer! We won't be going on the same road trip we took last summer. Bummer, I know.


Well, that's it till something fun and exciting pops up! And you never know when that might be around our house! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying my Hi-Speed. It doesen't take forever to load like the dial-up. Heard from the travelers-they went throught Mathis /texas yesterday. Sent pictures and everything. Gram

donatelli98 said...

Thanks for updating - we can't wait to have you over for a swim party sometime soon. Let me know one Saturday in June - and if you want y'all could just stay the night.