Friday, July 10, 2009

Now Onto the Next 100!

This is a post that's more for me than for you.


Remember I mentioned in My 100 Things that DVB's baby book is blank? *gasp* I'm not so proud of that...so here on my blog I'm going to document all the words The Wild Man is saying and then I'll be covered, right? I thought so!

DVB you are 19 months old right now and have all of a sudden started to say some words for which we are very grateful because up until now, all you do is yell, holler, and grunt! (and it drives Grandpa CRAZY!)

Papa-I can't believe you said Papa before you said Momma! boo hoo!

Noni-aka Toni, The Dog

Dow- aka Down-One of your 1st words

Ow-It's funny you relate pain to the word "ow" but you really do. Ow was one of your 1st words too

Hi-When I came in the door from work the other day I said "hi" to you and you did the same!

Pee pee-when your diaper gets changed you grab your boy parts and say pee pee! Nice!

No-what 19 month old can't say this word?

Coowd-aka cold

hot-can't mess that one up too bad

One, Two000, Eeeee-When you go down your slide or play catch with a ball you count! 1,2,3! You're so smart, I tell ya!

Whoa-when you are in your daredevil mode, like when standing on top of your horse jumping up and down you say, whoa!

Ni Ni-aka Night Night. Your Ni Ni routine is to say Ni Ni, blow kisses and wave. Too cute!

cawcaw-aka cracker

Nana-aka apple not sure why it's not banana

puppy-every animal is a puppy to you. When we drive by the cows down the road or when you see horses or birds, you say puppy!

teet-aka treat. You love to give noni teets. The other day you fed her a whole box of teets!

Ka-aka car. Every moving vehicle is a ka.

teetsy-aka thank you. I remember your brothers saying thank you the same way. weird!

aye-aka eye. You poke your finger right into it!

noooo-aka nose. You sick your finger right up it!

baw-aka ball



And in other notables:



*You love to play and pick on Toni. You poke her in the eye, pull on her ears, and tug on her tail but she could care less-she is very gentle with you.

*You love to turn the tv off! It drives us crazy! That big button on the tv just calls your name!

*When your brothers play the Wii, you pick up a remote and act like you are playing too!

*You won't stop opening the dishwasher! We've tried to lock it with various locks but none work!

*When you hear music, you do a cute little gig and butt wiggle!

*You like to take ice out of the freezer and feed them to Toni. You even shut the door when asked.

*You love to play outside. If we say "outside," you go find your shoes, usually a matching pair I might add, and holler until you actually get outside!

*You are almost impossible to take out to a restaurant! If we dare, we only go to places that are really loud to begin with!

*Your facial expressions are hilarious!

*You are just a wild man unlike either of your brothers ever were!

*You love attention and are not shy in the least bit with strangers. You just suck up all their comments.

*You like to climb...anything. The couch, the kitchen table, the counter top, the dog kennel, the end table, the coffee table. Anywhere you can get up to a higher level, the better. You think! I always say that you will be the boy we take to the ER for the first time! It's amazing we haven't been there yet!

*As far as food, you will eat just about anything. A new favorite is hummus. You must have eaten a cup of it the other day! You kept dipping your cracker and licking off the hummus! (picture to follow)

*Sometimes all you want is milk and boy, you can drink about 32 oz a day if we let you. We're trying to cut you back. Your doctor said you can only have 18 ozs!

*You are off the doctor's charts for height, weight, and head circumference. By far, you are the biggest boy of the 3 of you. You and DJB are only 5 pounds apart. Soon, you'll be able to share clothes!

*Your big brothers take really good care of you. LOB is especially helpful with you. He gets you in and out of your crib, can make up a cup of milk, and change a diaper, not to mention rescue you from your dangerous shananigans!

* You are starting to throw little temper tantrums. When you don't get your way you cry and throw yourself to the ground on your hands and knees and pout! It's so funny!

*You bring us a clean diaper and say "pee pee"--I hear potty training a callin'!



I better stop with my notables. I've probably lost all my readers now! Oh well, at least I have something documented for DVB to come back to and read someday! Ya, right!


I'll leave you with a few pictures of his new toy. Or his new time occupier!






Right after I put it together it was lunch time. He refused to sit in his highchair. Instead, he took his plate from me and sat at the top of the slide for a little picnic!



Here's proof he loves hummus!

Maybe I'll have to bore you for a couple more days and dedicate a post to LOB and DJB. Ya know, since I haven't written in their books either!

No comments: