Monday, August 3, 2009

Tonight's Request Was...

after he lugged a few hundred pounds of concrete up the stairs...

GOB: "Honey, can you bring me up a Budweiser and a coolie cup?"

ME: "OK..."

ME, when reaching the top of the stairs and seeing the countertops in place, "OH WOW! That's looks awesome!"

Here are a few pictures of Budweiser his handiwork!


He looks slightly homeless in this picture.


Budweiser View #2! Obviously a little finish work will mint this out!

Budweiser View #3! He embedded a slice of a geode stone we got at a rock shop. I really don't care for it but he's in love with it!


What? No Budweiser in this pic! I'm surprised DVB isn't nabbing a swig! Don't mind all the toys under the desk. We definitely keep a spotless house around here! Sheesh!


So now onto the rest of the project! The kitchen! I can't wait!


While GOB was demolishing the kitchen on one end, my helpers and I made 14 pints of salsa out of 25 pounds of roma tomatoes on the other end! ($10 for 25 lbs-DEAL)

DVB thought it was a "nana" and DJB kept calling them potatoes!
So I know you were wondering if you could hire GOB to redo your countertops but the answer is NO! He's mine! All mine! Bwahahahaha!
T minus 6 days till school starts-but who's counting?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay - once again I am amazed by the hubby's skills. I don't know if we'd even be brave enough to put in store bought counter tops, much less make our own! Set in a Geode! Holy crap-o-la!
Great work - quite impressive!

donatelli98 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZonaCatsFamily said...

Tell GOB he is making our husband's handyman skills look bad! It looks awesome, can't wait to come over and see the finished product in the kitchen!