Sunday, August 16, 2009

Successful First Week for Most!

I thought I'd better check in with all my blog readers. Remember I said last week that we had a busy 2 weeks coming up? I don't know how you full time working parents to do it! I have definitely been spoiled the last 5 years! I've realized that it is VERY difficult to keep the house AND kids AND husband AND errands under control while working 40 hours. I am very thankful that I have the choice of when I want work in most wonderful job ever! I'm sure next week when I get a nice fat paycheck with 80 hours on it I won't mind saying 'yes' the next time I get asked to cover for a vacation!

So everyone had a successful first week of school. That is, all but DVB. He figured out the daycare drop off deal on day 3. The first day he cried when GOB dropped him off-leg clinging and all! Day 2, GOB sent him in the door and he took off running to play so he ducked out quick. Day 3, he cried when GOB turned onto her street! Day 4 and 5 were the same! Thank goodness GOB does the dropping off! I get to do the good part of rescuing at the end of the day! The daycare lady says he's fine during the day. He eats, he plays, he takes a great nap. But he cries when he gets dropped off and picked up! I'm sure he'll be more used to the idea by the end of this week but the problem is, is that then he'll only be going to her on Mondays! He'll survive, I know!

DJB had a WONDERFUL first week of Kindergarten. At the end of the week the teacher sent home a huge stack of papers that they had done during the week. I was TOTALLY AMAZED at that work he had done and how accurate it was completed. Here I had been a worry wort all week thinking he would be inside his turtle shell but I was far from right on that one! I never knew he had it in him! Is he intimidated by his own mother or what's the deal? Whatev!

LOB loves his teacher as well. She seems a little on the strict side but I bet she's a great teacher and is very well organized. As I was reading through the instructions of nightly homework, I noticed her policy was a little on the harsh side if the child forgot to have his or her parents sign the daily behavior report. It said, "The student will suffer consequences if the Tiger Report is not signed for 2 consecutive days." Yikes! So I asked LOB what the consequences were and he said he wouldn't get to eat his snack! I don't think so, she can't withhold snack time for delinquent parents! It's funny, the first thing he did everyday when walking in the door after school was to have me sign the report right away!

GOB made great progress on the counter top project. I believe the upstairs counters will be ready for install tonight after the last coat of sealer is applied. 2 parts of the kitchen counter top will be ready for install tomorrow night! Yay! So the kitchen will be 1/4 done tomorrow. Now I need to decide what to do with the back splash. There was travertine there but GOB's ripping that off so I'm thinking just to sheet rock it, texture, and paint it. Maybe I'll do some decorative stencil or something on it...options, options.

So that's our update for the week. It may be another week before you hear from us again! Until then, I hope you have a great week!

No comments: