Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon...

So remember on Thursday when I said our house was pretty quiet and we had no exciting news to report? Um, ya, 5 minutes after hitting the publish post button, all heck broke loose!
Here's exhibit A: (please note I do not have photographic proof of additional upcoming debacles!)

Doesn't this freezer look brand spankin' new? No, you are wrong-it's 10 years old! But it is bleach smelling clean. When I walked into the garage early Thursday evening, I was greeted with a rather unpleasant odor! Come to find out that the boys failed to close the freezer door after noshing on Popsicles the night before! Yep, you guessed it! An entire freezer FULL of food ruined! Arrrrrrgh! GOB got the duty of cleaning it out since he got to go to Happy Hour that night! Ha!
Our next catastrophe was when DJB decided to go into the backyard to play. The dog decided to barge in the door at the same time. She went between DJB's legs and lifted him off the ground! It looked like DJB was riding a bull for one nano second. Unfortunately, he didn't let go of the door knob as the bull was bucking and took a head first plunge onto the tile floor. One big goose egg later, he said he wanted to "sale" Toni because he didn't like her anymore! ER diverted...no concussion.
Next, DJB went upstairs to get his pj's on. He comes SCREAMING down the stairs in a frightful scene! I go running thinking it had to do with his noggin crash! No! He found a SCORPION in his bathtub and it was ALIVE! Get this: then the boys tell me they had found another one downstairs the day before! LOB says, "Papa, didn't you tell Momma about the scorpion?" Papa says, "No, LOB, there's some things Momma just doesn't need to know!" Mr. Bug man will be coming Tuesday to super soak us in scorpion killer!
So that was our excitement for the week all in about 15 minutes worth of time! I could have done without all of it!
On to other news:
GOB is making awesome progress on the counter top project. 2 big chunks are installed and he's been demoing the next section today. We finally compromised on a sink for the the island. Now I just need to decide on some paint colors to freshen up the walls and some new kitchen faucets. It's going to look sharp! I've already told GOB that our next project will be sprucing up the bathroom down stairs! I'm thinking a new vanity with matching concrete counter top since right now there is a pedestal sink which I hate because I have no storage and maybe tile up the wall in some decorative pattern. All that should keep him busy until at least the end of the year!


LOB was the sucker who had to unplug the the stove. Look closely behind GOB and you'll see the new counter top. The boys had fun helping smash travertine! What a mess!


This is just a funny I picture I thought I'd include. DVB and DJB are about pound for pound! They love pushing each other around in this plastic dump truck!
That's all for now. We are enjoying a nice pleasant, productive weekend! Geez, I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

No comments: