Thursday, August 20, 2009

Spilled Sea Monkeys and Hiding Places

It's been a semi-uneventful week around our house if you can believe it!

The most action was when DVB spilled the Sea Monkey container. I must be desperate for blog content for that to make it in the weekly news! Anyway, LOB and DJB were REALLY upset. They had followed the directions closing and the Sea Monkeys had just "patched". Oh well, we'll try again. There is a Seamonkeys.com so we can order some more eggs or just go to Wally World and buy a new kit. We'll see, hopefully they'll just forget about it!


In case you were wondering, Sea Monkeys are the size of a period at the end of a sentence. It takes a magnifying glass to see them. I have no idea how many were swimming around before they got spilled but it kinda gave me the heebie geebies so I had to wash the floor 3 times!


DVB has found a new hiding spot. Luckily I saw him discover his new reprieve! He can't figure out how to turn the handles on doors yet but is a little obsessive about closing them!
DVB had a better week at daycare. On Monday afternoon of week #2, his sitter said he was a whole different kid. He was happy, playful and interactive. I guess I was under the impression that he was all those things last week but she must have not wanted to make me feel bad. So I'm a little confused but I'm glad he turned his frown upside down. She accepted the dates that I am working in September so he must we welcome back! He's also getting used to the idea of being dropped off and isn't making such a fuss for GOB. Also, the sitter says he walks around the house saying "ba-ba" all day. I said no, that would be "Papa", he's a little attached to his Papa. He walks around our house too looking for Papa!
We are looking forward to next week being "normal." I am only working Monday so we can get into a new routine. GOB has discovered that he too has been spoiled the last 5 years not having to get kids ready for school and dropping off and all the rigamarole associated with it! I think he's looking forward to a normal week too!

1 comment:

ZonaCatsFamily said...

Ah - it's good for GOB to get some time in getting them ready for school, etc.! All the cool dads do it these days! Let me know when you want to come over to swim ...are you going up north Labor Day weekend?