Monday, January 26, 2009

It Was a Soda Experimenting, Tree Climbing, Lefse Making Weekend!

We had more fun at our house this past weekend.

Have you ever seen the diet soda and Mentos experiment on You Tube or Mythbusters?

We had to try it out! First we tried it with Diet Coke and then with Diet Pepsi. We also tried 7Up but that one was a total bust!

Warning: You might want to do a few neck stretching exercises before you view the videos! Apparently, I cannot turn the camera vertical to video tape nor edit it to correct the problem! Someday people, we'll have a real digital video cam!







LOB and DJB decided to go climb a tree! Our only tree, that is! Poor AZ kids really have wimpy trees to climb don't they?


While the boys were at the Marley and Me movie with Grammy and Grandpa, I decided to make lefse. It's definitely a kid-free project. I only do it once a year and usually around Christmas time. For some reason it didn't get done this past Christmastime. I know my FIL and MIL are laughing at my lefse rolling skills! Ya, I don't have any! I cannot roll a circle for the life of me, Betty! Oh well, GOB says it tastes the same whether it's a circle or not! I didn't have any complaints from the little boys either! They eat it the right way, with sugar and butter on it! For those of you who don't know what lefse is: it's kinda like a tortilla but made from potatoes instead of corn or flour. I cheat and use a packaged dry potato mix that I add water and butter to rather than spending hours boiling and ricing potatoes! So I guess my lefse is only semi-homemade! It works for me!
You know what else I could use to make the process a little faster? A machine to roll out the dough for me or a nice little old Mexican lady with tortilla rolling skillz! That would do the trick too!

No comments: