Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Chef has Breaking News!

Just as I thought I had nothing to blog about.....
Chef DJB was thumbing through his new Paula Deen's My First Cookbook and felt inspired to whip up some cupcakes. So we put on his funky red apron and got bakin'!





Here's what the little monster man decided to do to keep himself occupied while I played sous chef to DJB:




I should have taken the picture with the crockpot pulled out on to the floor! I put him in his walker so he would stay out of trouble for just a couple cupcake cookin' moments!



"C'mon and hurry up and bake! Mom, are they done yet?"


"Oooooh, these look yummy!"




Here's the finished product! Yumm-O! Oh, you say they look a little girly? No! They are Valentine's Cupcakes, silly!


AND NOW FOR THE BREAKING NEWS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR:




LOB has his first loose tooth! Yes, that's very exciting in our house! It seems like we've been waiting forever! So does anyone out there have any information on the going rate of the first lost tooth? I'm clueless and I need help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for the lost tooth!! We collect treasure (inexpensive coins from other countries, or the good ones like 50 cent pieces). It can be any assortment of "treasure" found under the pillow, in the kitchen, ect. Depending on if the tooth fairy was smart enought to come before bed or after the kid wake up call!
Also, if we remember to leave the tooth in a cup of water... when the tooth fairy reaches in to grab the tooth, the water will miraculously turn the color of the fairy... if no color change (or mom forgot) then the fairy is crystal white. Fun to use food color to change it up with blue, green, purple, ect. I think I enjoy it as much as the kids do!
From: the cousin's mom.
PS: I need to give myself user name... soon..