Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What Should We Call Him?

So here's the post I've been meaning to get to for the last week or so!





DVB is a MONSTER! Or is he a DAREDEVIL? Or is he a WILD MAN? Or The WILD THING? Man-a-livin' this boy is full of spunk! In a 4 day span recently, he somehow eluded a visit to the Emergency Room multiple times!


Incident #1: After walking the older boys to school, DVB and I decided it was a perfect morning to climb around one of our neighborhood jungle gyms. He was having a blast climbing up and down, sliding down all the big slides like he has done it a million times before. Then as I look up at him from the bottom of a tube slide, he turned around lickety split and walked right off a 5 foot platform! Bam! Somehow he landed smack dab on his butt! He was totally unscathed! I don't get it!


Incident #2: Two weekends ago GOB took all the boys up to the cabin to go turkey hunting. As I am told, everyone was scattered throughout the cabin getting settled in. GOB then inquired if anyone knew where DVB might be. Then they heard the crash! My parents have a coffee table that they have had for years. It's half glass, half wood. I guess Triple D (Daredevil DVB) decided to lay down on the glass half and all of a sudden the glass gave out and broke into a million pieces, him landing on top! Totally unscathed once again! Incredible!


Incident #3: While still at the cabin, the boys were playing outside. DVB was practicing his balancing skills. Then he decided to JUMP off the railroad tie he was balancing upon! His 6 inch plunge did not keep him unscathed this time! He scratched up the whole right side of his head and cheek! It could have been worse!


Needless to say, I'm sure one of my future posts will be pictures from our first Emergency Room visit. I know, I'm jinxing myself! But it's just inevitable!




1 comment:

donatelli98 said...

Craziness! Chatty is super excited for the big party/sleepover next weekend. Let's hope she can behave until then so she doesn't lose out.