Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Break Fun!

Here are a few pictures from the boy's fall break this past week! They have spent 8 days with Grammy and Grandpa up at the cabin! ALL 3 BOYS! It's been a wonderful Fall Break for GOB and I too!

LOB has been studying Native Americans in school recently so one day they took a road trip to a Navajo Reservation. I am told that this little hut is called a Hogan.

I'm not sure what this car has to do with Native Americans. I'm pretty sure Navajo Indians didn't drive cars. Notice both boys holding bags? Before they left, I gave each of them some money to spend on their trip. What they bought follows...

Rocks! They bought rocks! Oh well, I must say they are very pretty rocks!
Here's proof they visited some Indians!


Looks like LOB has the stitching gene! It counts as stitching doesn't it?
Now for some other pictures from the week...

Here's my baby with his new found obsession, hat wearing. Notice also that the poor kid was dressed with socks and sandals on! Nerd!

Here's my 3 cutie pies all sittin' in a row in their matching jackets! I have to match them while I still can! This picture was titled "soda break". You'd think G and G would refrain from inducing the already existing wildness with caffeine! I know better myself!

This looks like they spiced up the homemade swing set and club house. My guess is is that they fought over the ONE existing swing and Grandpa got sick of listening to the fighting over it! That Grandpa though, he can build anything!

Wearing other people's shoes is another obsessison of DVB's! Those look like DJB's cowboy boots!

This picture was titled, "Caged"! G and G figured out that sometimes DVB just has to be tied down! I don't blame them!

And one final picture...looks like supper time.
There were a couple other good pictures but Blogger wouldn't upload them. One was of a new shooting gallery they boys and Grandpa rigged up.
Thanks so much to Grammy and Boppa (as DVB calls him) for a wonderful, quiet, peaceful, productive, relaxing, eating out week for GOB and I! We are recharged and ready to resume life as usual! We are so lucky, aren't we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes - very lucky! For time away - and for a great group of fun boys when they are home!

Robin said...

How wonderful your parents are so willing to watch the boys. They must have so much fun with them! Love the matching jackets - I do that myself quite often. ;-)