Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Laptop Up!

Yahhhooo! I'm up and running again. But, things are rockin' around here right now so I still don't have much time to blog!

Last weekend I decided to paint. Originally, I was just going to paint one wall red. Then I decided all the baseboards needed painting and I didn't want to repaint them white so I chose a light beige color. Then I decided that most of the walls downstairs really needed a fresh coat of paint so I jazzed them up with a darker brown. It all looks great BUT, GOB is still constructing countertops and we all know the speed he works at! SSSLLLOOOWWW! He's doing a great job but I'm about ready to go bonkers with this construction mess! So needless to say, I still have a lot of painting to do but I'm working around GOB and I have to remember to sssslllloooowww down! We're in no rush, really. It just has to be done by the endish of October for our Oktoberfest party!

Also, we decided to drop our new cell phone provider because we couldn't get coverage in our house after multiple attempts to make it work. So we had to decide which company to change to. Him...haw...him...haw! We decided to try out AT&T now and we went with the iPhones. So now I can't stop playing with it and it's driving me crazy because I really should be painting while DVB is napping and not playing with my phone! I should have listened to my brother who told me, "DON'T GET IT, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN!" Yep brother, you are right!

Wish me luck for a little more productivity and less playing for the rest of the week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so inspiring with all your DIY remodeling! I'm thinking of re-doing Ainsley's room now that we're getting her out of her toddler bed and into a big girl bed. I may have to hire you to actually get it done! ;-) j/k

ZonaCatsFamily said...

What date is your party? I want to make sure i am not teaching Sunday School that weekend in case we crash at your place or get home late.

Robin said...

You know your house is always busy - projects or not. Good for you for taking on painting. In our other house, I had painted all the walls a different color (well not than each other, but different than white). Not so now - only two rooms have color. . . Can't believe you find time to paint - without helpers!