Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicken Pops!

Would you believe that DVB has the "chicken pops" (as DJB calls them)! He got the vaccine on March 25th which can cause a breakthrough case of them but the doctor thinks it's too late to expect a reaction from the vaccine. So she thinks he was exposed recently and since he doesn't get a booster of the vaccine till he's 4 or 5, he can still get them! So now he's got them and he won't need the booster shot! Of course, he's contagious so we're drilling anyone and everyone who we will be in contact with this week to make sure they have been vaccinated! He has a very mild case with only about 12 of the pops.

Here I thought maybe I gave him mumps or measles. I had a titer drawn a couple weeks ago for my job and the titer came back negative which meant I wasn't immune to measles, mumps, and rubella! So I got a dose of that vaccine and get another one in 3 weeks. I also had to get a tetanus shot. So we should be vaccinated up around here and able to fight off all this funky stuff!

Ok, back to packing...I did get the grocery store/Sam's club run done today!

No comments: