Friday, February 27, 2009

Go Ahead, Take It Away....*sigh*

Go ahead and take away my redeemable Mom-of-the-year award once again!

In the last sentence of yesterday's post, what did I write? Let me refresh your memory!

"Oh Tooth fairy! Are you out there? Don't forget to stop at my house tonight!"

Here's how our morning started:

LOB wakes up crying. I thought he was going to tell me that his throat hurt like yesterday morning when he woke up. So I ask what the problem is...

He says he's crying because the tooth fairy didn't come because his pillow fell off his bed. When he went to check the pocket of the pillow he took the tooth out and then dropped it and couldn't find it.

Oh geez! De ja vous! Just like at Christmastime and Nissy the Elf! Remember how much trouble I had remembering to move the elf?

So I quickly try to downplay the issue and say, "Big deal, we'll make a fake tooth and I bet she'll stop by tonight."

LOB then mopes off to eat breakfast.



I go into the bathroom and ask GOB why he didn't remember! He's laughing his butt off because as soon as he heard LOB crying, he knew!

So after GOB attempted to find the lost tooth, I started sifting through the shag carpet. 10 minutes later, I found the minuscule tooth under the bed! Hallelujah!

Then the neighbor girl comes over (like she does every morning) and sees LOB pouting. He tells her what happened and she's all "Oh, that happened to me too. I just put it on my bed the next night and she came then!"

Whew! Oh thank you Shari! Thank you for forgetting to do the deed just like me! It makes me feel SO much better that I'm not the only forgettful mom! You saved my butt!

So the tooth is safely in it's pillow ready to go tonight. I guess I'll put post-it notes all over the house in attempt to remember to do the deed! Why can't GOB feel bad that he forgot too! Oh no, only me! He says it's a "Mommy thing!" Pfft!

Now I have to figure out how to redeem that award! Hmmm, I know! Maybe I could just put $95 in the pocket of the pillow and leave a note that says, "Here is money for this tooth and the rest of your teeth. Love, The Tooth Fairy! ps. I'll be back when DJB looses his first tooth. Until then...don't forget to brush the new ones!"

----------------------------------------------------

In totally unrelated news:

Guess who had herself a nice, HUGE, sugary donut hole breakfast? No, not me! It was the other female in the house!




No comments: