Friday, December 19, 2008

Busted Left and Right!

I had a BAD BAD BAD Santa day! This time EVERYTHING was all my fault!


First of all, as I was writing last night's post, I was thinking to myself: Remember to move the Elf! Remember to move the Elf!


Guess what? I forgot! AGGGGHHH! And I was BUSTED!


And you know what else? No quick come back like last weekend's elf debacle!


Me: "Um, Um, Um.....Oh, I know why Nissy didn't move! It must have been because he was confused at whether it was night or day because Papa got called back to work at 8 pm and DJB spent the night with Grammy and Grandpa. He just didn't know if he should come or go so he must have just decided to stay in the same place."


LOB and little neighbor girl: "Yeah, I bet that's right!"


Major BIG UFFFFFF DA! How many more times am I really going to pull this off?


So Nissy magically found a new spot after the big kids were off to school!


2nd bust of the night....


Last week I ordered a few things from Toys r us. I got 3 of the 4 shipping email confirmations but the one thing I really wanted for DVB that was going to be from Santa had not been shipped according to my "account." So getting a little worried that it might not come in time for Santa to bring it, I called TRU twice to find out the status. Twice I was put on hold and twice I was interrupted by kids so I gave up. I thought, I'll try again tomorrow.


So The Brewer, DJB, DVB, and I are enjoying our quiet supper (LOB is taking his turn as a single sleep over night with G and G). Door bell rings....ding dong....


I think to myself, hmm, I'm not expecting any packages today but I can hear the rumble of the UPS truck out front so it's probably not a neighbor.


DJB sprints to the door: "Yep, it's the package guy! Oh, it's a buggy for DVB to ride in and it transforms!"


Thank you very much for the discreet packaging TRU!


Me: "Ah, GOB is that a b-u-g-g-y?" We can still get by with spelling if LOB isn't around....


GOB: "Uh, yeah...."


Me: "Oh NO! That's supposed to be from S-a-n-t-a! Now what?"


GOB: "It's too late know, might as well open it."


Now what?


DJB: "Oooohh look it transforms. DVB is going to love it." as we pass by it again on the way up to take baths.


Me: "Do you and LOB want to wrap it up and give it to DVB for Christmas?"


DJB: "Oh, ok."


I guess Santa won't be bringing DVB anything. Now how am I going to think of an excuse of why Santa didn't bring anything to DVB on Christmas morning?! Some little tiny, itty bitty part of me really wants Christmas to be done and over with for the year . I know, for all the wrong reasons, but MAN-A-LIVIN, I can't afford many more Oopsie Daisies! I am really going to get BUSTED big time one of these days!


Oh, and today I met the little imp who mentioned to LOB that Santa wasn't real at their classroom holiday party! I shot him a couple evil looks. Do you think he suspected anything?

No comments: