Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This Is Delish! You Gotta Try It!

I've been in a soup mood with all this rain and wintry weather. Of course all the boys in my house turn their noses up at soup! But that didn't stop me! I whipped up a batch of this yummy stuff and I have enough to eat all week! I don't know what everyone else is going to eat! Ha!


Chicken Taco Soup- I modified from original recipe from Allrecipes.com

1 onion, chopped
1 (16 oz) can of black beans, drained
1 (16 oz) can of pinto beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can kernel corn, chipotle flavor, drained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1-2 cans or bottles of beer-depending on how soupy you want it.
2 (10 oz) cans of Rotel with green chilies, mild, not drained
1 package of taco seasoning
3 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts
shredded cheddar-optional
sour cream-optional
crushed tortilla chips-optional

Directions:
Place the onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and Rotel in a crockpot. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken on top of the mixture, pressing down until just covered. Set crockpot for low heat and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred it. Then put it back in the soup and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips! Enjoy!

I didn't top the soup with anything and it was still delicious! Hope you like as much as I do!

No comments: