Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Toys!

I used to think I would be the last person on Earth who would ever buy a quad for their kid! For Pete's Sake, they are dangerous! I've heard about many accidents. There used to be no way in heck that I'd let my boys ride one!

But then a few weeks ago we went camping with the cousins. They brought their quads and LOB and DJB watched them buzz around on them. When Cousin S asked if the boys could ride them I said they could only ride with Greg. After they all took turns riding with him, LOB wanted to try it on his own. *gasp* Very nervously, I obliged and watched Cousin S gear him up from head to toe. And after lessons from Cousin A and GOB, he toodled off! He got more brave and more brave and more brave and then bored of riding in circles. LOB then somehow talked GOB into jumping on another quad and going down the path a little farther. Suddenly I look up on the hill and there I see LOB with GOB behind him going down the VERY steep hill. As I peered through my hand covered eyes, Cousin S told me not to worry, they had made it to the bottom safely! Let me tell you both LOB and GOB got an earful from me when they got back and LOB had the biggest smile on his face that streched from here to China!

So after our fun camping trip with them, LOB repeatedly asked for his own quad. And to finish up this story, GOB did a ton for research for a couple weeks and finally decided on buying 2 mid-size quads for the boys. Well actually, they are for everybody! They are able to hold a 286 pound person, the problem is, is that the frame is big kid size so it's a little tricky for an adult to drive. But it is doable! GOB is still searching for a regular size quad deal so he can toodle with the boys. I'm sure it won't be long before he comes across one...


Don't worry, this little boy wont be doing any riding any time soon!



Tonight we are going shopping for some of that head-to-toe gear! If only the boys could just ride those quads in a bubble, I'd be a calm, relaxed Momma!

Oh, and by the way, the Boys are under an agreement that the quads are their birthday and Christmas presents for at least the next 10 years! Ya, right!

2 comments:

SNB said...

I will help you hold down camp, mix you cocktails and keep you calm when the boys are brave and want to go on the LONG trips! That's what family is for, right!!??!!

Anonymous said...

The most amazing part of this post is the fact that we had a quad before you did! I am so surprised the 3 boys and a brewery family waited this long! They are going to LOVE them! You will too! Congrats!
We'll all have to go together some time!