Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Bizz Bed

We have been trying for a few weeks, well actually months, to get DVB to sleep in a regular bed. It has not gone well. As soon as we get him settled, he starts acting goofy! He jumps around, tries to escape, says he wants whoever is not laying with him! It's been frustrating to say the least. LOB and DJB both transitioned easily to the "big" bed! GOB and I discussed just taking the crib out of the room and only give him the option to sleep in the big bed or on the floor on the crib mattress. But as I was strolling through wall-e-world, I spotted this Buzz Lightyear toddler bed! DVB, as well as all the boys and Grammy, are infatuated with everything "Buzz". Most of you know that Grammy and Grandpa's RV is evened named "Buzz." Anyway, DVB seemed interested so I loaded up the bed (on clearance-whoo hoo) and the matching linens (which cost more than the bed!) into the cart! Then we ran across a new pair of "Bizz" jammies that DVB said, "I like it" and proceeded to throw them and 4 other pairs into the cart. (I put the other 4 back when he wasn't looking! What a shopper!) And then we ran across a pair of "Bizz" tennis shoes. Tennis shoes were the real intention of the shopping trip (I'm done spending $40 on a pair of shoes that are outgrown in a month or left out in the rain from a previous trampoline jump!) So to keep with the theme of the shopping trip, we threw them in too!

We buzzed home (get it? ha, ha!) and I assembled the bed, washed up the linens and put it all together! Here's how the inaugural test went:



That looks like he approved, right?
So it's now naptime. I tuck him in, reinforcing what a big boy he is now, blah, blah, blah, and walk away. Um, no! All of a sudden he says he has to go potty! Uh, ok! Saying to myself, "You must try! Maybe he really does have to go. Could he really be making excuses at such a young age not to be going to bed? Nah! Can't be! Take him!" Then I watch for an eternity for impending pee but no such luck! Back to bed we go. I then decide to lay in the "big" bed next to the new toddler bed. He proceeds to bounce around, mess with his music machine, blah, blah, blah. After 15 minutes of me pretending to sleep, I give up! I tell him I'll be back with the cat to take a nap with him! He bought it! And he didn't see me slip the child-proof knob dealy on the inside of his door! Bwahahahaha! Then I jumped into the heap of laundry to fold to keep me busy and hoped for a short lived tantrum!
And alas! Not even 5 minutes, well maybe 10, I found this:

Phew! Success! After he slept for an hour, I propped open the door so he could get out when he awoke. About an hour after that he made his way downstairs.
Let me tell you that bedtime this evening has gone about the same. This time LOB went to lay with him. It maybe took him 15 minutes to settle but hopefully this will improve as he gets used to his new "Bizz" bed!
On a totally unrelated note: Here's the latest crazy picture of the cat! He crawled into the middle of the entertainment center and went back behind it and came back into it in a glass door covered cupboard!


I do have a post in mind for later this week! I know! I actually have some material! So stay tuned.
Oh, and I must do a shout out to Grammy! She has her own blog now! So if you are interested in listening to her go on and on about her grandbabies, here she is: www.buzzboboandtheboys.blogspot.com

No comments: