Friday, November 6, 2009

The Great Toy Purge of 2009

Whew! The Great Toy Purge of 2009 is complete! 4 garbage bags of broken toys, misc. game pieces, and garbage later, all toy boxes are clean and the toy room once again organized! All baby toys were put away for a future niece or nephew (get moving you 2!) I feel like I've accomplished a major project today. All that work only to make room for more toys on the way for next month's festivities! Oh well, it will stay organized for at least a couple hours!
So as I'm cleaning and organizing away, I came across the HUGE set of Little People stuff we've accumulated over the years. Oh perfect, I thought! DVB will love these and since I put all his baby toys away he'll need something new to play with! And that he did for 1.5 hours straight! Heaven, I tell ya! I brought all the toys that were downstairs, back upstairs and I brought the entire set of Little People downstairs. I set them all up for him in their matching accessories and people/animals. I must say it was kinda fun! He was most attracted to the garage set-go figure! He's really into cars right now. Maybe after his nap he'll explore the farm, or the amusement park, or the zoo, or the pirate ship, or the race track, or the castle, or the airplane... I'm pretty impressed, I might add, that almost all the pieces were found to the sets. I'm sure if I dig out the in toy boxes in the garage or through LOB's bedroom, I'd find the rest. Nah, that would be too much work!



It was just like Christmas for DVB! Hopefully it'll keep his interest for at least a couple more days!

No comments: