Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Not Only Do We Have A Brewery....

But we have a vineyard too!
I planted this grape plant as one little twig a couple years ago and it never really did anything but grow and then die last winter in one of our cold snaps. I trimmed it back to the ground and it started to grow like crazy this spring. In about March, I noticed clusters of tiny grapes growing on it as I tried to weave the tendrils a little neater on the lattice. And then, I forgot all about it...that is until last night the boys mentioned that the grapes in the backyard taste really good!

And sure enough, we picked our first crop! There's about the same amount still on the vines that aren't quite ready yet. They are kind of small but they are sweet and tasty! I guess we can call them totally organic too! Or maybe GOB fertilized it with dog poop without me knowing? Who knows! Just kidding! LOB says we should plant some more! I agree, maybe we should!
Do you thing I have enough to make a bottle of wine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOB fertized them with cement dust! Remember?