Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2 At A Time!

So every night when it's bed time usually both LOB and DJB give us a million and one reasons why they can't sleep or why they don't want to go to bed. Here's some examples: "I'm not tired. My eyes won't close. I'm thirsty. The tv is too loud. I forgot to tell you something. I'm hungry. Did you sign my school folder? Do we have school tomorrow?", ect. But last night LOB came up with a new one. "I have 2 teeth loose." Well, really, they've been loose for a few weeks but you know it's reason not to go to bed. As he wiggled and giggled the 2 bottom teeth, I decided to go to bed because DVB has been sick since Saturday and I knew I'd be in for another long night. So GOB quickly whispered as I was walking away, "What do I do?" Me: whispering back, "Like how to play Toothfairy? I Tell him to put the teeth in a plastic baggie and put them in his toothfairy pillow." (duh?) GOB still whispering: "Well how much money should I give him?" Me: "How about 2 bucks a tooth?"

So this morning GOB tells me that the teeth came out and he left the money. I hear LOB wake up while I'm in the laundry room. He said, "YES!", you know like boys do? and checks out his loot. He jumps out of bed and is so excited to show me the holes between his teeth, telling me he can't decide which hole to stick his tongue through. (such a boy!) Then as we are driving to school he says, "Mom, the Toothfairy lowered her prices!" If I were drinking coffee, it was one of those moments that it would have sprayed right out my nose! I explained that the first 4 front top and bottom teeth are the biggest and must be worth more money! He agreed! whew!

Sheesh! It's getting more and more difficult to play these fictional characters!

Grandma B in MN, notice the family freckles?

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Beltz freckles and the famous hair colic!